Oh man. Ugh. Not such a great week in the simplification department. While I did manage to do some organizing and purging, I don't know that it was really the best use of my time or did very much to bring about simplicity in my life. Oh well. Onward and upward. This was a week of all about the beads! This, in my life, was an inevitability . . .
- brought some stuff to a destash party with work friends . . . though I came home with three new shirts
- I had friends over for a beading party and they helped use up some of my beads into a nice heap of creations. I was so sincerely happy to see my beads get out of the containers and into jewellery that will be worn with pride and great style
- This party prompted a total purge and organizing of ALL my beads. Whoa. Talk about long over due. I threw out three Pyrex mixing bowls of bead related junk. There was some stuff that was just never going to see the light of day . . . gonzo. Then sorted everything by colour and managed to get everything into five fewer containers than I needed before. Success!
- I either finished or cut apart all my beading projects that were in purgatory. There were doing no one any good sitting in a box broken and unfinished.
- I donated three finished pieces to the silent auction at school. Gonzo!
I have such a terrific fetish for Tibetan beads (see photo above), I've never been able to source them at a good price . . . anywhere. So I may settle on trying to make a necklace this week that looks like this. Okay. Gotta get my head on straight and be productive. Today is a glorious beautiful sunny day, so I am sad to be at the computer working.